Friday, November 6, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas


Ah, Game Day food. Who can resist? Whether its baseball, football or even the occasional British 'footie" game, the munchies are a necessity. Game day is when you can easily eat way too much, feel horribly full and yet you can still continue to consume. Sound familiar? I almost dread it for that exact reason, but I always love a chance to try something new. That is where these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas come into play. If you are a fan of Buffalo Wings, then this will easily become a new favorite. I loved the spiciness paired with the oozing cheese and crispy tortilla. While I made them for dinner, they would also be perfect for a quick tasty snack after school or work. They are incredibly simple to make for when you are in a rush.
To go alongside the wings I made some homemade gorgonzola dressing. While it got great reviews from my husband, I will take his word for it. I'm not fan but if you decide to try it, i'd love to hear your thoughts as well.


1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
3/4 cup buffalo sauce
1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
12 small soft flour tortillas

Preheat your skillet on medium heat or heat your panini maker. Mix the chicken and the buffalo sauce in a bowl until it is mixed evenly. Then add the monterey jack cheese.

Divide the chicken-cheese-sauce mixture on 6 flat tortillas, then top each one with the other 6 tortillas.

In the preheated skillet or panini maker, spray nonstick spray. Then place your first quesadilla in. Only spend about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on how brown and crispy you would like them to get. Make sure they don't burn. Use a spatula to turn each one if using a skillet.
Cut the finished quesadillas into halves or quarters and serve.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola

In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until well blended. Stir in the gorgonzola.

24 comments:

Amanda said...

These really look fabulous! It's breakfast time right now, but I could still eat one of these!

Meghan said...

Oh yum! This is such a great idea!!! I never thought to put buffalo chicken into a quesadilla! My husband will LOVE these!!! :)

Grace said...

what an excellent game-day nosh. heck, it’d be tasty any day, especially with that pungent cheesy dip!

Gigi said...

Those look yummy but I'll pass on the dressing too ;)

Palidor said...

It's been a long time since I've had quesadillas. Yours look delicious! I'd love to chow down on one right now.

Dawn said...

Oh seriously girl, how I love comfort foods just like this. That sauce? I mean hot damn! These seriously looks so good.

Steph said...

mmmm.. those look so good! Sometimes I try to cut back by only eating the chicken and tortillas, but where's the fun in that? This looks way better!

Barbara said...

Absolutely! Game day food personified. Actually, I could eat this every day! Easy too. And I love your dipping sauce.

Mary said...

This is a seriously great idea. Save 2 for me. They look and sound delicious.

Rhyleysgranny said...

These look and sound so delish. I have one problem...............what is buffalo sauce :)

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

These are delicious for snacking on! I'll take your share of the dipping sauce - very tasty!

Leslie said...

You gotta love game day food. And this looks very very yummy! My hubby would clear this plate

Katerina said...

GREAT Idea!!! I love anything buffalo flavored.

Lele said...

My school has a pub on campus (so dangerous!) and they serve unbelievable buffalo chicken quesadillas (SO DANGEROUS!). They really are perfect game day food.

Jamie said...

I love quesadillas but have never tried this combo. It looks really good. Don't you love using store-bought cooked chicken for easy meals like this.

nobu said...

Looks delicious!!
I'd like to have it with watching base ball game.

Pam said...

I am going to make these for my husband - he will LOVE them.

Hilary said...

I've never been one for game day, but I am definitely one for quesadillas!

Kasha said...

What a great cook you are! Your quesadillas look a lot better than mine! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to learning a lot more from you!
Kasha
http://grubandstuff.blogspot.com

Katherine Aucoin said...

you make everything, even game day food look so elegant! these are so easy and tasty, I should do this more often for game day.

The Mulligan Family said...

Ok... YUM! That looks and sounds amazing. And, me with a full tummy from going out to lunch with my hubby. Hmm... I'm sure I could find some room in there for this delectable treat!

Danielle said...

i love quesodillas...and what a great idea to make them with buffalo chicken. YUM

Jeff said...

I normally roast a chicken during the weekends and then use the remaining parts for leftovers/quick lunches throughout the week. One of my favorite lately has just been shredded chicken, 1 tb ancho chili powder, 1 TB paprika, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon cumin, and 1 teaspoon coriander. Brown some onions, chipotle in adobo, peppers, and cook the chicken and spice in a skillet with 1 cup of water. Throw that in a quesidilla or a tortilla.

Although buffalo sauce is still my favorite and I am definitely giving this a shot!

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

I love buffalo chicken and Quesadillas so I can't wait to try this recipe!